Comment on page
User accounts & roles
Create new users and assign roles
CivicTheme comes with 4 roles out-of-the-box. They are:
- Administrator - Administrators have access to ALL administration areas. This role should only be given to the lead technical role and senior developers in your team.
- Site administrator - Site administrators have access to some of the administration areas.
- Content approver - Content approvers review and approve content so it can then be published on the website.
- Content author - Content authors are the main users responsible for creating and editing content.
- 1.Go to
- 3.Fill out the relevant fields
- Note on the password field: you need to add a password to create a new user account, the new user will be directed to reset their password when they first login.
- Check the box to send the user an email notification. The link they receive will lead them to a password update form.
- 1.Go to
- 2.Select the person you want to assign or unassign a role to/from.
- 3.Open the Actions dropdown.
- 4.Select 'Apply to selected items'.