Comment on page
The Automated list component allows you to add automated content that's displayed in a variety of different 'cards'.
This section shows you how to add an Automated list.
Below is an automated list. The content is being pulled from existing pages and displayed as cards.
Step 1: Go to the page you'd like to add the automated list to (or create a new page) and in the Content tab, Components section, select Automated list from the dropdown list.
Step 2: Fill in the information for the Content tab as per below.
- 1.List type - Out-of-the-box CivicTheme comes with one list type, the default. However, site administrators can set up different types of lists, that can then be selected from this dropdown.
- 2.Content type - This radio button chooses the content type that the automated list is going to 'pull in'.
- 3.Metadata -In this section you can refine the type of content that will be displayed by topic, site section or another taxonomy term that might be customised for your site.
- 4.Limit - Automated lists can display unlimited results (e.g. all the relevant pages), or limited (e.g. you could decide to only display a specific number of results).
- 5.Filters - This section allows you to display filters at the top of the the automated list component.
Step 3: Fill in the information for the Fields tab as per below.
- 1.Title - You can add a title to the automated list, such as 'Latest news'.
- 2.Content - You can also add introductory text to the automated list.
- 3.Link above - Use this section to add a link at the top of the automated list. See the screenshot below for an example.
- 4.Link below - You can also add a link below the automated list.
The screenshot above shows an automated list limited to three results, with the title of 'Latest news'. It also has a 'link above', which is highlighted.
Step 4: Fill in the information for the Appearance tab as per below.
- 1.Theme - Select light or dark theme.
- 2.Vertical spacing - Add vertical spacing to the component if you'd like. Choices are none, top, bottom or both)
- 3.Background colour - Check the box to apply a default background colour from your colour palette.
- 4.Columns - Select how many columns to display (e.g. the screenshot above of 'Latest news' has three columns)
- 5.Items - Choose whether to display the list items as Navigation cards or Promo cards, and whether the cards will use the light or dark theme.